Email Transfer Forms, Sheets, & Links
Email Transfer Process***
- Complete the Email Transfer – Release of Liability form.
- Sign up for your new email service (ie: MXRoute). To transfer email, the new email service must be IMAP. To determine what email service to utilize, visit our Email Services page as a guide.
Note: There is no guarantee that our email transfer service will work with your new email service.
- Create the email accounts needed in the new service.
- Fill out the Emails to Transfer sheet. This sheet will need the following information. Send in worksheet via secure message as an attachment via the Secure Message System.
Note: Should incorrect information be provided, additional coordination for passwords will be required and email transfers will be delayed.
- Email account and password for existing email account(s).
- Email account, password, and mailserver (this should be provided to you by your new email service) for new email account(s).
- Coordinate to set start date for email transfer to take place. Email migrations may take anywhere from 1 to 5+ business days (depending on email box sizes) to complete. During this time email may not be usable.
- Once the email transfers are completed, the DNS will need to be changed for the new email service. Coordination for the DNS will be completed through the ticket. Provide the DNS settings needed by your email service via your working ticket.
Note: Typically, these settings will be provided to you by the email service you sign up with.
- Upon completion of the email transfers and DNS changes, you will be provided with a cPanel backup of your existing hosting account.
- Complete the Email Transfer – Completion Approval form.
- Change all passwords for new email account(s) and any other passwords shared with the technician for the completion of email transfers.
***Please Note: The process listed on this page may vary slightly depending on the email provider. Any additional steps/changes to the process will worked through in the ticket.