The Web Design Process
Each borough’s process will be slightly different however below are how you can expect the general process to go. Should you have any questions throughout the project ask your Project Manager.
1.) Email Consultation
The borough will fill out a questionnaire giving us a basic idea of the wants and needs for the website. We collect sample URLs of sites that you like, color options, graphics, and a page outline to get a clear picture of your vision.
2.) Logo Design (If Needed)
If you don’t already have one, or the logo you currently have is not formatted in vector format, we would be happy to include logo design as a part of your website design.
- If you don’t have a logo, we usually start by asking some questions to get a “feel” for what you want your logo to look like.
- Once the artist is comfortable with the concept, you will be presented with two or three mockups. These mockups are low-quality representations of what the final design will be.
- You must choose/approve the design(s). You are free to choose one of the designs, or, up to two revisions are included.
- Once your graphic is approved, your design will be finalized and the finished artwork will be forwarded to you and the web designer.
3.) Homepage Design
We begin the actual website design by designing a mockup of the homepage. This is the first page that your borough residents will see! It sets the tone for the rest of the website.
- The web designer looks at the questionnaire for sample URLs, color options, and your page outline to get a feel for what you want from your website.
- CouseVector provides you with two or three website design mockups. These will not be functional in any way but will show a rough rendering of the home page of your new website.
- You must choose/approve one design. If you are not completely happy with the choices, we can provide up to 3 revisions (if needed). Once you chose a web design, we will move on to the website creation phase.
4.) Website Creation
We will make the concept reality during this phase of the project. This includes setting up WordPress, creating and configuring the basic template, and installing the plug-ins and themes necessary to make the website functional. We should need little input at this point. However, if we need information from you, your Project Manager will be in touch.
5.) Website Customization
We know that each borough has specific needs for their site. During the customization phase, we will tweak the website to make it fit your expectations. This phase of the project will be specific to each borough.
6.) Website Population
If you already had a website, we will take the content from the old site and plug it into the new site. There should be little input needed at this point. However, if we need information from you, your Project Manage will be in touch.
If this is a brand new website, we will need you to supply the content for the website. You do not need to be a world-class writer; you just need to be an expert in your field. We have experienced copywriters on staff who happily take your expert knowledge and turn it into something that your clients can easily understand.
You also have the option to populate the site yourself.
7.) Final Approval
During final website approval, you will be asked to look over the content. Once we have your approval, the site can go live.
Ready to Get Started?
Get started by filling out the web design worksheet.
2941 North Front Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110
800-232-7722 Toll Free
717-236-9526 x1045 Phone
Copyright © 2020 Web Design Program. All Rights Reserved.